Todd H. Henderson
United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
2014-2016 Associate, Fabiani, Cohen & Hall, LLP
2012-2014 Associate, Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP
Areas of Practice
Todd has an extensive background in stockholder derivative litigation. Many of his cases have involved breaches of fiduciary duties by public company boards of directors related to the payment of excessive compensation to executive officers, violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and violations of the False Claims Act. He has represented institutional and individual stockholders in the mediation and settlement of numerous derivative actions and has significant experience in general litigation matters, including court appearances, depositions, complex document review, and accident site inspections. He focuses his practice on securities fraud, corporate governance and other complex class action and commercial litigation on behalf of stockholders.
While attending law school, Todd was an Associate Managing Editor of the Brooklyn Journal of International Law. His note, “The English Premier League’s Home Grown Player Rule under the Law of the European Union” was published in the Fall 2011 edition of the Brooklyn Journal of International Law (37 Brook. J. Int’l L. 259 (2011), Available at: http://brooklynworks.brooklaw.edu/bjil/vol37/iss1/6). Prior to attending law school, Todd gained experience as a paralegal for the Internal Revenue Service, Office of Chief Counsel.
Representative actions include:
- Wagner v. Third Avenue Management LLC, et al., C.A. No. 12184-VCL (Del. Ch.). Co-lead counsel in derivative action challenging alleged mismanagement of Third Avenue Trust by Third Avenue Management LLC. Settled for $25 million.
- In re Cornerstone Therapeutics Inc. Stockholder Litigation, Cons. C.A. No. 8922-VCG (Del. Ch.). Co-lead counsel in action challenging the acquisition of Cornerstone by Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A.. Settled for $17.88 million in additional compensation to unaffiliated shareholders.
- In re BP p.l.c. Securities Litigation, Case No. 4:10-md-2185 (S.D. Tex.). Representation of nine European investment managers in individual securities fraud actions pursuant to English law against BP p.l.c. related to the Deepwater Horizon disaster on April 20, 2010.
- Stein v. Match Group, Inc., et al., Case No. 3:16-cv-00549-L (N.D. Tex.). Co-lead counsel in action challenging alleged materially false and misleading statements in the Prospectus and Registration Statement filed by Match Group in connection with its Initial Public Offering.
- Forsythe v. Nantkwest, Inc., et al., Case No. 2:16-cv-03438 (C.D. Cal.). Co-lead counsel in action challenging alleged materially false and misleading statements about the company’s accounting practices and internal controls.
- In re Supreme Industries, Inc. Securities Litigation, Case No. 3:17-cv-143-TLS-MGG (N.D. Ind.). Co-lead counsel in action challenging alleged materially false and misleading statements about the company’s order backlog as proof of strong order activity.
- Crago v. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., and the Charles Schwab Corporation, Case No. 3:16-cv-03938-RS (N.D. Cal.). Co-lead counsel in action challenging allegedly false and misleading statements regarding Schwab’s practice of receiving payments for order flow.
- Ross and Parker v. Rhône Capital, L.L.C. et al., Case No. CACE-16-013220 (Cir. Ct. 17th Jud. Dist., Broward Cty., Fla.). Co-lead counsel in action challenging the acquisition of Elizabeth Arden by Revlon.
- Shupak v. Reed, et al., Case No. BC617444 (Cal. Super Ct., Los Angeles Cty.). Derivative action challenging alleged breaches of good faith, loyalty, and candor by officers and directors of Sempra Energy and SoCalGas related to the Porter Ranch/Aliso Canyon gas leak.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential initial consultation.